Monday, April 4, 2011

What's in your wallet

What I ahve in my wallet that identifies who I am or might be are:

Pictures of my grandchildren, several different credit cards, some from department stores that I have not been in for a long time. Grocery store club cards to receive their discounts, my drivers license that allows me to drive the vehicle I might be in. Receipts for stores, coupons, form of insurance cards whether it's for health or car. Pictures of my niece and nephew hidden in a secert area. A check registery book, so that I know how much money I have in the bank. I also have my union card. I feel that all of the items I have are a sense of who I am, that I belong to this time and place.

My wallet shows people that I am a person who values items from the past and present, that my family matters to me. What people might not be unable to know about me is that I am a caring person, they will not know how long I have been living at the address I have on my drivers license. They also will not know how may children or grandchildren I have. Who my doctor is, who my parents are, who my siblings are, or how many siblings I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment